Friday, June 8, 2018

A lovely thing I learned in Holland

A few years ago Awesome Guy and I went to Holland for a big 'ol convention: Dance Fair. He's a music producer and this was quite the big-to-do. So, while he was off giving presentations and schmoozing, I hobnobed a bit myself and then went on a culinary adventure. I'll talk more about the trip in a different post, as we had a great time.

But, as I was hunting down me-friendly-food I was struck by the quality and vibrance of the food. Walking around in the local market was amazing! The vitality of the produce was incredible- and it definitely had an effect on the locals. Everyone was radiating that inner beauty which can only be attained  by consuming top quality  produce, which was EVERYWHERE!

On every table with every meal was a pitcher of water stuffed full of  fresh mint sprigs, and often raspberries as well. Ever since my first sip of it, I have been hooked! There's frequently a pitcher of the stuff in my fridge since then. I highly recommend it! Here's how to do it and also a bonus infused water recipe that I learned about from my local hospital:

Mint infused water from Holland

Get a big 'ol pitcher of water and fill it with as much fresh mint sprigs as possible. Refrigerate until infused.

Raspberry infused water from Holland

Add as many raspberries (lightly rinsed) as possible to a pitcher of water. Refrigerate until infused.

You may even get a pitcher going with raspberries and mint, which is also  divine!


BONUS RECIPE!!!

Follow the above directions, but use cinnamon sticks and cantaloupe for the infused water.

The great thing is that you can get several pitchers out of one batch by just adding more water


Since experiencing the mint raspberry water, I am seldom without a pitcher of it ...or two.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment